Brunswick Forest is hosting a fundraising event for Communities In Schools of Brunswick County and we need your support! On May 4th, 2017. CIS and Brunswick Forest will host a FEAST OF THE SENSES event. Music, art, scrumptious treats and libations will be provided as folks stroll through the garden from 4 to 7 p.m. Community artisans will offer gifts for purchase, local students will play orchestra instruments and display their art projects. Area restaurateurs will provide hors d’ oeuvres and desserts for all to taste
This is your opportunity to become directly involved in building brighter futures for the children of Brunswick County. It serves to encourage residents of the Leland community the opportunity to see and purchase your artwork. Local artists are invited to sell their crafts (pottery, jewelry, artwork etc.). Bring your own table and tent. We are limiting spaces to 20 arts and crafts vendors and the fee for a space is $50.00 payable to Communities In Schools.
Tickets will be sold to the public for the Feast of The Senses for $20.00 each and we will market to the residents of Brunswick Forest and surrounding community.
As our name implies, we bring together a community of individuals, businesses, civic clubs, and communities of faith donating their time and resources to support children in the Brunswick County schools.
Here are some of the ways community backing has supported the CIS Dropout Prevention services to Brunswick County students in the past year:
- 284 students in five middle schools were provided one-on-one case management services by Success Coaches and the Action for Success program
- 2,375 middle-school students received school-wide services
- 145 adults and children participated in the Parenting Education Program
- 92 participated in Teen Court/Peer Court Programs, saving Brunswick County over $400,000 in juvenile courts; 271 students were trained as court volunteers
- 369 community members were identified and trained to become volunteers in the schools.
CIS is a 501 c (3) non-profit organization, and all donations are tax deductible. If you are interested in reserving a space for the Feast of the Senses, please call 910- 457- 3494 or email email@example.com.
On behalf of the children of Brunswick County, we thank you in advance for your support!